Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Soap Despenser Superhuman

Pantin view by Florence

Florence, Paris 1st

I am very familiar with the northern suburbs of Paris because I lived all my childhood in Tremblay-en-France. I was enrolled in high school and I also Villepinte lived for two years in the barracks of the fort of Saint Denis Briche! Yet I feel Parisian at heart. I'm really in love with Paris, I feel I'm at home and walk its streets and down, I always find. And Paris is Art, History, Day is really an adventure without end.

At the thought of going Pantin discover that I do not know, several jostling feelings in me, between fear and curiosity. It was like a farewell trip to an unfamiliar country that has not chosen the destination itself ...

I am arriving by train at the Gare de Pantin and I went down to the canal, guided by fumes escaping from the laundry Elis, rue du Général Compans. There I came across the laundresses who took their lunch sitting on the curb. I asked if I could take pictures. They were happy if a little surprised at my request and wanted to restyle first ...

Check the canal, I discovered that the mills are in full Pantin rehabilitation, with a host of workmen in hard hats, cranes, trucks, a whole world that I loved photographing worker ...

After I continued to walk along the canal to the Town Hall. And then I left the canal to bury myself in a little town to its market and its old church ...
This "journey" in Pantin allowed me to meet a Viking in bar, the workers smiling beneath their helmets, coquettish laundresses ... I've been pleased to meet with each other and I'm glad I could put in pictures what Pantin today: part of the city is still under construction and I'm sure in a few months, her face has changed again.
I had a great experience, a lesson in life somehow. With the camera, I had a good excuse to go to the people, exchange a few words or a smile. We also discover the city from a different perspective, I would say it looks finally.

To see my photo gallery, click the link below:
http://picasaweb.google.com/backstreetprod/PantinVueParFlorence

Florence Vahl



0 comments:

Post a Comment