Djamel, Paris 17th
I live in Paris since March 2008 in the 17th, near the Arc de Triomphe. It is a middle-class neighborhood where I do not like it really. Relations with neighbors is limited to "hello, goodbye, thank you." I lived in before Dancer for three years and I find that relationships with people were more welcoming and easier there. Relationships are often superficial in Paris. I will from time to time in Saint-Denis, Aubervilliers Gennevilliers or to meet friends. The strongest image that evokes the northern suburbs, the Stade de France and more generally the city of Saint-Denis. For me, Saint-Denis is a little laboratory of the future of the Paris region between withdrawal and desire for closer ties with its larger neighbor Paris.
Drancy is a town I did not know. Therefore, I did not really particular on trial. I I'm just told that this should be a dormitory town as all those who have pushed for years 50-60. A city without actually center, with large sets scattered here and there and a rather young and cosmopolitan population.
was my mission to go to the Cite de la Muette became the Vichy government, a concentration camp for Jews who were then deported to Auschwitz. I read in a history book that the city built in the thirties by two avant-garde architects (Marcel Lods and Eugene Baudoin), represented the benchmark of modernity urban gardens and with its skyscrapers, the first constructed in the Paris region. There are now more than three buildings. At the entrance of the city, there is a memorial to victims of Nazi extermination camps, erected in 1976. Just behind the monument, tracks lead to a wagon like those who left full of men for the camps.
The three buildings since U were repainted in pastel pink. On the ground floor of a building, there is a room containing hundreds of archival photos showing the deportation. The contrast between the past violate this city and its appearance quiet and calm now really upset me. The name of the city "La Muette" is likely to echo my feelings and that of the tram station near the city "Drancy future" ...
Three hundred meters away is a sculpture for commemorate the abolition of slavery. There is a couple Embrace former slaves. The man raises his fist with a piece of broken chain ... I found this work very optimistic and I really liked the photograph. I also discovered the municipal cemetery at the foot a great city fifteen floors with stunning views of the graves ...
I loved photographing painted electrical boxes. Scattered throughout the city, they give a sense of fun and originality and color punctuated my walks.
I also liked photographing the statue of De Gaulle. Viewed from one angle, it seems to do a dance step: which contrasts sharply with the historical figure, right?
I had little experience of photography, but I noticed a photo that success it was essential to look first time around, I'm Never usual. Waiting time it takes to make a good picture requires you to stay in the city and makes you become more observant. It is also an invitation to the aesthetic experience the beauty of a place under a certain light ...
Enjoy your visit you all!
To see my photo gallery, click the link below:
Djamel Baghezza
0 comments:
Post a Comment